Our service area has access to a competitive range of incentives for locating and expanding your business including tax credits and exemptions that encourage business growth and job creation. The MCILEDC service area brings an enterprise zone to the table and will additionally work with the state of Illinois to secure enterprise zone-like benefits to larger scale projects that wish to locate in the region. Contact email@example.com for help in accessing these tax assistance programs. Below you will find Enterprise Zone Process Guides and applications.
Monroe-Randolph County Enterprise Zone (map):
- Monroe-Randolph Enterprise Zone Process Guide
- Monroe-Randolph Enterprise Zone Project Application (Fillable Online Form)
- Contractor’s Building Materials Exemption Certificate Application (Fillable Online Form)
- Monroe-Randolph Enterprise Zone Flyer
& American Bottoms Enterprise Zone (map):
The following are some benefits of locating a development project in this Enterprise zone:
- Investment Tax Credit – A state investment tax credit of .5% is allowed a taxpayer who invests in qualified property in a zone. Qualified property includes machinery, equipment, and buildings. The credit may be carried forward for up to five years. Credit is applied toward the 5.25% State Corporate Income Tax
- Building Materials Sales Tax Exemption – Sales Tax Exemptions on retailer’s occupation tax paid on building materials purchased in Illinois.
- Machinery and Equipment Tax Exemption – Expanded State sales tax exemption on purchases of tangible personal property used or consumed in manufacturing or assembly processes, when company makes $5 million investment and employs 200 or more.
- Utility Tax Exemption – A state utility tax exemption on gas, electricity, and the Illinois Commerce Commission’s administrative charge and telecommunication excise tax is available to businesses that locate in an Enterprise Zone. Eligibility for this exemption is contingent upon a business making a $5 million investment which causes the creation of 200 jobs. Should the company reach 200 full time employees, the company will be eligible for an exemption at that time. (Utility Tax: 5.1%; Telecom Tax: 7%)