Businesses looking to start or grow in our service area need access to a strong workforce. MCILEDC can get you connected with a variety of workforce development programs in the area. Through great regional partnerships with the Illinois workNet Centers for southwest Illinois; area community colleges and universities, the Illinois Manufacturing Excellence Center; and other vocational education centers, MCILEDC will address your workforce development needs. As appropriate, we will bring the entities to the table and facilitate access to a myriad of workforce development services. Contact email@example.com for help in accessing these workforce development programs.
Southwestern Illinois workNet services: The Southwestern Illinois workNet Centers located in the region feature a broad range of workforce development services funded through the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) as follows.
- Job referrals, posting services and advertising for mass hiring
- Recruitment, to include job fairs, and pre-screening of your qualified applicants
- On-the-Job Training subsidies
- Customized training
- Incumbent Worker Training
- Rapid Response – mass layoff assistance
- Labor Market information, including job and wage data, plus industry growth trends, forecasts and more
I.M.E.C. Workforce Services: Recruiting, preparing, and growing the talent base is among the most critical challenges facing manufacturers. The Illinois Manufacturing Excellence Center (IMEC) helps manufacturers to increase worker output and adapt to change through hands-on training, development, and coaching. Workforce services include leadership development, supervisor effectiveness development, organizational change management, and family business advisors.