MCILEDC can put you in touch with a variety of state and local programs and services designed to improve your company’s capacity to export. Contact email@example.com for help in accessing these export assistance programs.
The SIUE International Trade Center in Edwardsville provides assistance with international trade and exporting. The Center offers information, counseling, and training to existing and new-to-export companies interested in pursuing international trade opportunities such as:
- Evaluation of company’s readiness to export
- Access to foreign market information
- Documentation assistance
- Automated trade leads
- Linkages with trade representatives
Illinois State and Export Promotion Program (ISTEP) provides export ready businesses with 500 or less employees, and annual revenues over $250K, with financial and technical assistance to increase their exports. Assistance is provided on a first come, first served basis for qualified companies. The financial assistance secured through ISTEP can be used as follows:
- Illinois Group Trade Missions: Financial assistance available for trade show booth fees, group ground transportation, matchmaking fees, interpreters, briefing materials, and assistance with travel logistics. Funding level is 25-75% travel cost reimbursement, not to exceed $5,000.
- Individual Foreign Market Sales Mission: Financial assistance for 25%-75% travel cost reimbursement, not to exceed $7,500 per company.
- Product Compliance Certification: Financial assistance for 50% of costs, $2,000 per company.
- International Marketing Support: Funding available for website translation services, brand development and overall foreign website (country specific). Financial assistance for 50% of the costs, not to exceed $3,000 per company.
- Export Education Programs: Financial assistance available not to exceed $1,000 per company to participate in the Illinois ExportTech program to increase trade knowledge and experience resulting in increased opportunities for export success.
Southwest Illinois Trade and Investment Council. MCILEDC’s membership in this regional organization allows businesses who are currently located, or planning to locate, in the MCILEDC service area to have access to regional trade missions, educational events on exporting, and other service strategies. These events improve chances for success in exporting and foreign direct investment opportunities.